Gary “The Gut” – Week 13, ’22
Week 11 Recap (We did not publish any picks in Week 12)
NCAA Best Bets:
- Gary’s “Lock of the Week”: Nebraska Cornhuskers (+30.5) over Michigan Wolverines – LOST. Michigan pulled out a 31 point victory with a late field goal. Tough loss here gambling-wise.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish (-15.5) over Navy Midshipmen – LOST. ND only won by three points, 35-32. Another tough loss in that the Irish were up 35-13 at halftime and gave up 19 points in the 2nd half, including 16 in the 4th quarter.
- Georgia Bulldogs (-16.5) over Mississippi St. Bulldogs – WON! Georgia won by 26 points, 45-19.
- Oklahoma Sooners (-7.5) over West Virginia Mountaineers – LOST. Oklahoma lost by three points, 23-20.
- Ole Miss Rebels (+11.5) over Alabama Crimson Tide – WON! Ole Miss hung with Alabama. They lost, but only by six points, 30-24.
NFL Best Bets:
- Gary’s “Lock of the Week”: Dallas Cowboys (-2.5) over Green Bay Packers – LOST. Green Bay finally played a good game while Dallas’ defense had an off week. Green Bay won by three points in OT, 31-28.
- New York Giants (-4.5) over Houston Texans – WON! The Giants covered, winning by eight points, 24-16.
- Las Vegas Raiders (-3.5) over Indianapolis Colts – LOST. The Raiders lost by five points, 25-20.
- Washington Commanders (+11) over Philadelphia Eagles – WON! Sure enough, the Commanders not only beat the spread, but they won S/U, thus ending Philadelphia’s undefeated season. Fianl score: WASH 32, PHI 21.
Overall Standings Thru 12 Weeks:
- NCAA: 2-3 for the week, 36-29 (55%) for the season (4-5 on Gary’s “Lock of the Week”)
- NFL: 2-2 for the week, 16-22-1 for the season (1-5 on Gary’s “Lock of the Week”)
- Overall: 4-5 for the week, 52-51-1 (50.5%) for the season (5-10 on Gary’s “Lock of the Week”)
Gary “The Gut” Goombah’s Week 13 Selections
NCAA Best Bets:
It’s Rivalry Week! It’s Thanksgiving Weekend! It’s an American celebration of feasting, exploration, and football. It’s a time to give thanks and reflect on our lives. What are we thankful for? Who are we grateful to have in our lives? Here at Dutch Lion Sports we’re thankful for Gary “The Gut” and his wise gridiron gambling advice.
- Ohio State Buckeyes (-7.5) over Michigan Wolverines – As we wrote in our College & Pro Football Spectacular to open the season, we expect the Buckeyes to have their eyes on revenge in this year’s Game. Gary agrees. Even though it will be tough, “The Gut” thinks Ohio State will get their revenge by more than 7.5 points. Let’s pray the “hook” doesn’t get us here. Gary thinks the Bucks will win big. PICK: Ohio State
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish (+4.5) over USC Trojans – Outside of “The Game”, this might be the best matchup of the week. I’m excited to see this one from the Coliseum. “The Gut” is excited to reap some winnings. He’s going Irish. We’ll go Irish too. PICK: Notre Dame
- Kansas Jayhawks (+12) over Kansas St. Wildcats – This one is called the “Sunflower Showdown”. Both teams have had really good seasons. We think 12 points is too large here. PICK: Kansas
- Auburn Tigers (+22.5) over Alabama Crimson Tide – Rivalry games can be closer than the experts think. Auburn seems to usually play well against Alabama historically, and this isn’t a vintage ‘Bama team. PICK: Auburn
- Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (+14.5) over James Madison Dukes – Coastal is 9-1 this season. James Madison is 7-3. What are we missing here? Well, Coastal’s star quarterback Grayson McCall is likely out with an injury. Nonetheless, “The Gut” thinks this is a good bet. PICK: Coastal Carolina
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons (-3.5) over Duke Blue Devils
- Houston Cougars (-12) over Tulsa Golden Hurricane
NFL Best Bets:
- Tennessee Titans (+2.5) over Cincinnati Bengals – The Titans defense is impressive, holding opponents to 18.5 ppg, 8th best in the NFL. Of course, the Bengals have the 3rd best scoring offense at 26.5 ppg. What will give? Well, Cincy is missing RB Joe Mixon and WR Ja’Marr Chase. Plus, this is a rematch of last year’s AFC Divisional Playoff game which the Bengals triumphed 19-16. We expect a small dose of revenge. PICK: Tennessee
- Philadelphia Eagles (-6.5) over Green Bay Packers
- San Francisco 49ers (-8.5) over New Orleans Saints
“Whether rich or poor, thou shalt gamble more” – Gary “The Gut” Goombah’s mantra
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!