Gary “The Gut” Goombah 2021.2
Gary “The Gut” Goombah had an excellent first week of selections in his return from paradise. Gary had been hanging out on his remote Pacific island (which he owns) during the COVID pandemic prior to his return last week for the Met Gala in NYC. As mentioned last week, “The Gut” showed up in a custom tuxedo that was inscribed with the words “Whether rich or poor, thou shalt gamble more” on the back of the jacket. Think of Chad “Ocho Cinco” Johnson’s home-made Hall of Fame jacket that he sported on the sidelines, except this was a tailor-made tuxedo jacket.
After making those waves at the Gala, Gary got down to business. He made ten selections and finished 6-3-1 for the week.
RECAP of NCAA Week 3
- Gary’s Lock of the Week: Nebraska Cornhuskers (+23) to win ATS at Oklahoma Sooners : WIN! OU won a close one 23-16
- Penn St. Nittany Lions (-5) over Auburn Tigers : WIN! PSU won 28-20 in their Whiteout
- Tulane Green Wave (+14) to win ATS at Ole Miss Rebels : Loss, HC Lane Kiffin’s Ole Miss ran up the score 61-21.
- Cincinnati Bearcats (-4) at Indiana Hoosiers : WIN! Cincy won by 14 (38-24) on the road in Bloomington.
- UCLA Bruins (-11) vs Fresno St. Bulldogs : Loss, Fresno had some amazing late game heroics from knocked-down-but-not-out QB Jake Haener 40-37.
- BYU Cougars (+4) to win ATS vs Arizona St. : WIN! BYU handled ASU 27-17 late-night in Provo.
RECAP of NFL Week 2
- Denver Broncos (-5.5) over Jacksonville Jaguars : WIN! Denver won by 10 (23-13).
- San Francisco 49ers (-3.5) over Philadelphia Eagles : WIN! San Fran won by 6 (17-11).
- Los Angeles Rams (-3) over Indianapolis Colts : PUSH, Los Angeles won by 3 (27-24).
- New York Jets (+6) to win ATS over New England Patriots : Loss, New England dominated the Jets 25-6.
“The Gut” was fantastic! He went 4-2 on the college gridiron, 2-1-1 with the pros, and 6-3-1 overall. Now let’s get to his selections for this weekend.
Gary “The Gut” Goombah’s Weekend Selections
NCAA Week 4
- Gary’s Lock of the Week: Notre Dame Fighting Irish (+7) to win ATS AND S/U over the Wisconsin Badgers at Soldier Field. “The Gut” is shocked that Wisconsin is favored in this one. He thinks the Irish should have been favored by 5-7 points. Thus, he has a 12 to 14 point swing on the point spread. It’s almost as if the “experts” in Vegas thought the game was in Camp Randall instead of a neutral site in Soldier Field. PICK: Notre Dame.
- LSU Tigers (-3) over the Mississippi St. Bulldogs
- Purdue Boilermakers (-11) over Illinois Fighting Illini
- Utah Utes (-15) over Washington St. Cougars
- Texas A&M Aggies (-5) over Arkansas Razorbacks
- Nebraska Cornhuskers (+5) to win ATS over Michigan St. Spartans
- North Carolina Tar Heels (-13) over Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
- Akron Zips (+49) to win ATS over Ohio St. Buckeyes
NFL Week 3
- Minnesota Vikings (+2) to win ATS AND S/U over the Seattle Seahawks
- Dallas Cowboys (-4) over Philadelphia Eagles on MNF
Gary “The Gut” had a great start 2021 last week. Can he keep it up?