Gary “The Gut” Goombah 2021.3
Last week’s prognostications went decently. Gary won four, lost five, and pushed once on his ten selections. We hope you benefitted from our advice. It wasn’t our best weekend but you need to ride out the bad weeks to benefit from the great weeks.
Those are always waiting for you just around the corner, like a wolf yearning for dinner in the middle of winter. Don’t forget you can do more than just bet straight up using Gary’s advice. Spot your prey, just like the wolf. You might want to try some parlays, teasers, or money line bets on top of your usual point spread bets. Be a wolf. Use your brains and go with your gut! Let’s recap last weekend:
RECAP of NCAA Week 4
- Gary’s Lock of the Week: Notre Dame Fighting Irish (+7) to win ATS AND S/U over the Wisconsin Badgers at Soldier Field.: WON! WON BIG! Notre Dame dominated the Badgers at Soldier Field by a score of 41-13.
- LSU Tigers (-3) over the Mississippi St. Bulldogs: PUSH, LSU won by 3, 28-25.
- Purdue Boilermakers (-11) over Illinois Fighting Illini: Lost, Illinois hung in there and only lost by 4 points, 13-9.
- Utah Utes (-15) over Washington St. Cougars: Lost, Utah won by only 11 points, 24-13. Ugh.
- Texas A&M Aggies (-5) over Arkansas Razorbacks: Lost, Arkansas upset A&M 20-10.
- Nebraska Cornhuskers (+5) to win ATS over Michigan St. Spartans: WON! Nebraska only lost by 3 points in OT. They had this game S/U but blew it by allowing a punt return for TD in the last few minutes.
- North Carolina Tar Heels (-13) over Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: Lost, lost big; Georgia Tech crushed UNC 45-22.
- Akron Zips (+49) to win ATS over Ohio St. Buckeyes: Lost, Ohio State covered by 52 points, 59-7. Bummer man.
RECAP of NFL Week 3
- Minnesota Vikings (+2) to win ATS AND S/U over the Seattle Seahawks: WON! Minnesota won straight up 30-17.
- Dallas Cowboys (-4) over Philadelphia Eagles on MNF: WON! Dallas crushed Philly 41-21.
- NCAA: 2-5-1 for the week, 6-7-1 for the season (2-0 on Gary’s “Lock of the Week”)
- NFL: 2-0 for the week, 4-1-1 for the season (26-22 ATS overall on ALL NFL action including unpublished picks)
- OVERALL: 4-5-1 for the week, 10-8-2 for the season
Gary “The Gut” Goombah’s Weekend Selections
NCAA Week 5 Selections
- Georgia Bulldogs (-19) over Arkansas Razorbacks – The Hogs luck will run out when they take on our National Champion selection for 2021, the Bulldogs of Georgia. UGA will roll between the hedges.
- Michigan Wolverines (+2) over Wisconsin Badgers
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons (-7) over Louisville Cardinals
- Alabama Crimson Tide (-15) over Ole Miss Rebels
- Boise State Broncos (-7) over Nevada Wolf Pack
- Iowa St. Cyclones (-34) over Kansas Jayhawks
- Penn St. Nittany Lions (-13) over Indiana Hoosiers
- Fresno St. Bulldogs (-11) over Hawaii Rainbow Warriors
NFL Week 4 Selections
- Gary’s “Lock of the Week”: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-7) over New England Patriots – “The Gut” knows Tom Brady wants to beat his old team coached by Bill Belichick. Likewise, Belichick wants to beat Brady so bad. That’s the storyline that’s carrying the weekend. However, the “Gut’s” selection is based purely on team power ratings. The Bucs are good while the Patriots are mediocre. Tampa is 2-1. New England is 1-2. Tampa Bay should hold down Patriots rookie QB Mac Jones. Don’t forget, the Bucs are the defending Super Bowl champs while the Patriots are starting a rookie QB. PICK: Tampa Bay to win by at least 13 points.
- Kansas City Chiefs (-7) over Philadelphia Eagles – Like the Bucs, the Chiefs are a Super Bowl worthy team off to a slow start (1-2). The Eagles are chumps, at least that’s what Gary thinks. Philadelphia is also 1-2 but they just aren’t that good. Look for KC to get back on the winning track and to cover the points in Andy Reid’s old haunting grounds.
As you can see, Mr. Goombah is going with almost all favorites this weekend. His only underdog selection is Michigan. As Gary says, “Whether rich or poor, thou shalt gamble more”. Good luck!