Gary “The Gut” Goombah 2021.4
“Whether rich or poor, thou shalt gamble more” – Gary’s mantra
Another week, another chance to win big money by gambling on the gridiron games. Last week Gary “The Gut” Goombah used his instincts to place money on ten more teams. He won six of them. Not bad. Here’s what happened:
Recap of NCAA Week 5:
- Georgia Bulldogs (-19) over Arkansas Razorbacks – WON! UGA spanked the Hogs 37-0!
- Michigan Wolverines (+2) over Wisconsin Badgers – WON! Michigan whomped on Wisconsin by 21 points, 38-17, as a two point road underdog. Wo!
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons (-7) over Louisville Cardinals – Lost, Wake Forest only won by three points, 37-34.
- Alabama Crimson Tide (-15) over Ole Miss Rebels – WON! Alabama routed Ole Miss by 21 points, 42-21!
- Boise State Broncos (-7) over Nevada Wolf Pack – Lost, Boise lost at home by ten, 41-31.
- Iowa St. Cyclones (-34) over Kansas Jayhawks – WON! The Cyclones shocked the Jayhawks by 52 points, 59-7!
- Penn St. Nittany Lions (-13) over Indiana Hoosiers – WON! PSU handled Indiana 24-0.
- Fresno St. Bulldogs (-11) over Hawaii Rainbow Warriors – Lost, Fresno lost by three at Hawaii, 27-24.
Recap of NFL Week 4:
- Gary’s “Lock of the Week”: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-7) over New England Patriots – Lost, Tom Brady’s Buccaneers struggled a bit at New England. They won by only two points, 19-17. This was our first loss with our special “Lock of the Week” selection.
- Kansas City Chiefs (-7) over Philadelphia Eagles – WON! Chiefs handled the Eagles by twelve points, 42-30.
- NCAA: 5-3 for the week, 11-10-1 (2-0 on Gary’s “Lock of the Week”)
- NFL: 1-1 for the week, 5-2-1 for the season (0-1 on “Gary’s Lock of the Week”) (26-22 ATS overall on ALL NFL action including unpublished picks)
- OVERALL: 6-4 for the week, 16-12-2 for the season
Gary “The Gut” Goombah’s Weekend Selections
NCAA Week 6 Selections
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish (-1) over Virginia Tech Hokies
- Wisconsin Badgers (-11) over Illinois Fighting Illini – The Badgers have played poorly so far this season. But when you look at their schedule, they’ve played some really good teams. They lost to Notre Dame, Penn St., and Michigan. I look for the Badgers to get back on track at Illinois. PICK: Wisconsin
- Florida Gators (-39) over Vanderbilt Commodores – Why are we taking a 38 point favorite to cover? Because we think Vandy is THAT bad.
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons (-6) over Syracuse Orange – Wake is 5-0. We lost money on them when they didn’t cover the 7 points. Let’s try them again, this time as they’re favored by just 6 points.
- Penn St. Nittany Lions (+1.5) over Iowa Hawkeyes – This could be the Game of the Week. It might be the biggest game in Iowa history, at least since the famous #1 vs #2 showdown vs Michigan in 1985. I simply think the Nittany Lions are better so we’re taking them.
- Texas Tech Red Raiders (+2.5) over TCU Horned Frogs – This is a home underdog that looks like a solid pick.
- Nebraska Cornhuskers (+3.5) over Michigan Wolverines – Nebraska is playing much better football this year, and especially lately. Instead of 3-3, the Huskers could be 6-0 with a few breaks and less key turnovers and penalties. Michigan has played well thus far, but maybe they just played weaker teams. The Wolverines have beaten Western Michigan, Washington, Northern Illinois, Rutgers, and Wisconsin. On Saturday night in Lincoln, we expect the Blackshirts to throw the bones. The Huskers will provide a tougher test than Michigan has seen so far in ’21. Watch out for Adrian Martinez. He’s electric! PICK: Nebraska
NFL Week 5 Selections
- Gary’s “Lock of the Week”: Arizona Cardinals (-5) at home over the San Francisco 49ers – Trey Lance is making his NFL debut as starting quarterback for the 49ers. I don’t see it going well for him, at least well enough. The Cards are 4-0. The 49ers are 2-2. In the NFL you don’t get many locks. “The Gut” thinks this is a lock. PICK: ARIZONA
- Cincinnati Bengals (+3) at home over the Green Bay Packers – The Bengals are underrated. They’re getting points at home against Green Bay. “The Gut” picks Cincinnati.
- Dallas Cowboys (-7) at home over the New York Giants
Good luck and Godbless! Enjoy the games.