“Whether rich or poor, thou shalt gamble more” – Gary’s mantra
Gary is now 22-15-3 for the year. You can win some serious money by taking “The Gut’s” advice. So what are you waiting for?
Recap of NCAA Week 6:
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish (-1) over Virginia Tech Hokies – WON! ND beat VTech 32-29.
- Wisconsin Badgers (-11) over Illinois Fighting Illini – WON! Wisconsin throttled Illinois 24-0.
- Florida Gators (-39) over Vanderbilt Commodores – WON! Florida won 42-0.
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons (-6) over Syracuse Orange – Lost. Wake won by just three points, 40-37.
- Penn St. Nittany Lions (+1.5) over Iowa Hawkeyes – Lost. Iowa won by three, 23-20.
- Texas Tech Red Raiders (+2.5) over TCU Horned Frogs – Lost. Texas Tech lost 52-31. Ouch.
- Nebraska Cornhuskers (+3.5) over Michigan Wolverines – WON! Nebraska almost pulled off the upset but lost in heartbreaking fashion, again, but only by three points, 32-29.
Recap of NFL Week 5:
- Gary’s “Lock of the Week”: Arizona Cardinals (-5) over the San Francisco 49ers – WON! Arizona remained unbeaten, winning 17-10.
- Cincinnati Bengals (+3) at home over the Green Bay Packers – PUSH, Bengals lost by exactly three at home in OT, 25-22.
- Dallas Cowboys (-7) at home over the New York Giants – WON! Cowboys dominated, 44-20!
- NCAA: 4-3 for the week, 15-13-1 for the season (2-0 on Gary’s “Lock of the Week”)
- NFL: 2-0-1 for the week, 7-2-2 for the season (1-1 on “Gary’s Lock of the Week”)
- OVERALL: 6-3-1 for the week, 22-15-3 for the season
Gary “The Gut” Goombah’s Weekend Selections
NCAA Week 7 Selections
- Nebraska Cornhuskers (-3.5) over Minnesota Golden Gophers – Neb is 4-2-1 ATS.
- Michigan St. Spartans (-4.5) over Indiana Hoosiers
- Texas Tech Red Raiders (-16.5) over Kansas Jayhawks – Gary basically thinks Kansas is god-awful.
- Alabama Crimson Tide (-17) over Mississippi St. Bulldogs – ‘Bama should take out their frustrations on Mike Leach’s Bulldogs.
- Tennessee Volunteers (+2.5) to cover at home vs the Ole Miss Rebels
- Iowa St. Cyclones (-6.5) over Kansas St. Wildcats
- Army Black Knights (+14) to cover at Wisconsin Badgers – Army is really, really good. They are 4-1 after going 9-3 last year. They could win this game straight up, but Gary said we’ll take the 14 points anyway. Wink, wink. * SportsBettingDime.com’s formula has Army winning 26-18!
- Boise St. Broncos (-3.5) over Air Force
- Gary’s “Lock of the Week”: Virginia Tech Hokies (+5) at home over the Pitt Panthers – Pitt has been playing unbelievably so far this season, going 4-1 while putting up monster offensive numbers. But look at their schedule. They’ve beaten UMass, Tennessee, New Hampshire, and Georgia Tech while losing to Western Michigan. Not exactly Murderer’s Row. Last year they crushed VTech 47-14. The Hokies will be looking for revenge. Virginia Tech is 3-2. They’ve beaten North Carolina, Middle Tennessee and Richmond while losing to West Virginia and Notre Dame. “The Gut” thinks Virginia Tech getting points at home in Lane Stadium is ludicrous. Pitt can’t be that good to cover five points. PICK: Virginia Tech
NFL Week 6 Selections
- Jacksonville Jaguars (+3) to upset the Miami Dolphins – We think the Jags will get their first victory for Coach Urban Meyer and Trevor Lawrence when they oust the Dolphins as a home ‘dog on Sunday.
Good luck and have fun!