Gary “The Gut” Goombah 2021.7
How did Gary do over the weekend?… He just keeps on rolling. Here’s a recap of Saturday October 23 and Sunday October 24.
Recap of NCAA Week 8:
- Gary’s “Lock of the Week” : Notre Dame Fighting Irish (-7) over USC Trojans – WON! Irish beat Trojans by 15, 31-16.
- Michigan Wolverines (-23.5) over Northwestern Wildcats – WON! Wolverines dominated Wildcats by 26 points, 33-7.
- Utah Utes (-3) over Oregon St. Beavers – Lost, Beavers upset the Utes 42-34.
- UMass Minutemen (+35.5) to cover at Florida St. Seminoles – Lost, Seminoles destroyed UMass 59-3.
- Georgia Tech (+6.5) to cover at Virginia – Lost, this was super close. Georgia Tech lost by 8 points, 48-40.
- Ohio St. Buckeyes (-21) over Indiana – WON! Buckeyes crushed Hoosiers by 47 points, 54-7.
Recap of NFL Week 7:
- New England Patriots (-7) over New York Jets – WON! Patriots won 54-13!
- Las Vegas Raiders (-3) over Philadelphia Eagles – WON! Raiders won by 11 points, 33-22.
- Tampa Bay (-12.5) over Chicago Bears – WON! Buccaneers destroyed the Bears as expected, 38-3.
- Washington (+7.5) over Green Bay Packers – Lost, the Packers covered by 14 points, 24-10.
- NCAA: 3-3 for the week, 23-20-1 for the season (3-1 on Gary’s “Lock of the Week”)
- NFL: 3-1 for the week, 11-3-2 for the season (1-1 on “Gary’s Lock of the Week”)
- OVERALL: 6-4 for the week, 34-23-3 for the season
Gary “The Gut” Goombah’s Weekend Selections
NCAA Week 9 Selections
- Gary’s “Lock of the Week” Oklahoma Sooners (-19) over Texas Tech Red Raiders – After last week’s uninspired performance at Kansas, we expect more out of the Sooners. The Red Raiders aren’t playing well lately. They can’t throw the ball which has always been their mojo. Now they fired their coach Matt Wells this week. Sooners will roll!
- Illinois Fighting Illini (+1.5) over Rutgers Scarlet Knights
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish (-3.5) over North Carolina Tar Heels
- Iowa Hawkeyes (+3) over Wisconsin Badgers
- Iowa State Cyclones (-7.5) over West Virginia Mountaineers
- Nebraska Cornhuskers (-7.5) over Purdue Boilermakers – We think the ‘Huskers will be well rested after their bye week and should win handily over the Boilers.
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons (-16.5) over Duke Blue Devils
- California Golden Bears (+1.5) over Oregon St. Beavers – Cal is a home ‘dog against the Beavers.
NFL Week 8 Selections
- Detroit Lions (+3.5) at home versus the Philadelphia Eagles – “The Gut” thinks the Lions will get their first victory of the season this Sunday.
- Kansas City Chiefs (-9.5) at home versus the New York Giants on Monday Night Football – The Chiefs have struggled but we know they’re not this bad. They can easily cover 9.5 points against a bad Giants team.
“Whether rich or poor, thou shalt gamble more” – Gary’s mantra