Gary “The Gut” Goombah is on a roll!!!! With his 3-1 record last week, Gary bought a new Corvette Stingray. He’s been busy cruising around the country this week, watching the beautiful babes hang out in the ‘Indian Summer’ weather throughout the Midwest.
Recapping last week, Gary picked the following three winners:
- Nebraska (-5.5) over Illinois : Nebraska won 28-6. EASY money!
- Georgia (-7.5) over Tennessee : Georgia shutout the Vols 41-0! EASIER money!
- Texas Tech (+9.5) over Oklahoma St. : TTech only lost by 7 points, 41-34, thus winning ATS. This was…..close. Gary was on the edge of his seat……the seat of his new Stringray!
The only loss last Saturday was picking Virginia Tech (+7.5) over Clemson. For some reason Gary listened to me about this one. This is now the second time “The Gut” picked against Clemson on the road and both times he was wrong, this time losing 31-17. I think that’s the last time we’ll pick against the defending National Champions this year.
- Week 1 : 3-0-1
- Week 2 : 1-3
- Week 3 : 3-1
- Week 4 : 3-1
- Season Totals : 10-5-1
As you can see, “The Gut” has been winning straight up cash in 3 of 4 weeks thus far. Let’s do it again in Week 5! As usual, all picks are ATS (against the spread). These are not S/U picks (straight up)!
Week 5 NCAA Football
Nebraska Cornhuskers (+11) over Wisconsin Badgers
- When the line opened it was as high as 14 points. Then it went down to 12.5 and it currently sits at 11 points as of Friday morning’s Chicago Tribune. That means too many people are in line with Gary “The Gut”. This seems like a mismatch on paper. Yet, the Huskers have started trending in the right direction. Nebraska (3-2) has won 2 B1G games in a row. DC Bobby Diaco has stiffened the Blackshirts defense, allowing only 44 total points since halftime of the Week 2 Oregon game. However, out of those 44 points, three were interceptions returned for touchdowns. So take away those 21 points and the Blackshirts have allowed just 23 points in the last 3.5 games (14 quarters)! That is quite impressive. Wisconsin is really good, there is no doubt. Their strength is their running game, but that is Nebraska’s defense’s strength too. OK great Gary, gimme some more! “The Gut” said, “OK, I’ll give them some more facts”: Nebraska is 46-5 all-time in home night games in Memorial Stadium. Only 5 losses all time at night? Funny thing is the “Dutch Lion” attended one of those losses, to USC in 2007. Even the “Dutch Lion’s” lioness (Deborah) was there! Nebraska has won 20 home night games in a row, not losing since 2008. Wins in the last decade in night games include Ohio St., Michigan St., Michigan, and……you guessed it, Wisconsin. Gary thinks they might make it 21 in a row. So does the “Dutch Lion”. Winning or losing S/U is one thing. Another thing is ATS. An 11 point spread is ludicrous. “The Gut” says bet big, B1G money on Nebraska.
Virginia Tech Hokies (-16.5) over Boston College Eagles
- Yeah I know we bet on VTech last week and they let us down. However, that was against Clemson and you know what, the Hokies held their own against the defending National Champs. This has more to do with Boston College. The Eagles are…….in a word……..poor. They are 2-3 with 3 blowout losses: to Wake Forest 34-10, Notre Dame 49-20, and at Clemson 34-7. Gary doesn’t think BC has what it takes to keep up with the high-powered Hokies. Virginia Tech will win huge in Boston.
Kansas St. Wildcats (+5) over Texas Longhorns
- I’m wondering why Texas (2-2) is even favored in this game. Sure they’re at home, but they’re not very good. Kansas St. (3-1) meanwhile, is good. Maybe very good. How about this nugget? Kansas St. is 9-4 in the last 13 meetings with Texas dating back to 1998. KSU has tradition, experience, and a system in place for years. Texas has a new coach, upheaval, but talent. Overall, I think Kansas St. will win S/U. Gary “The Gut” says, “It doesn’t matter, they’ve got 5 points and throw your cash in on the Kansas State Wildcats!”
Week 5 NFL
Dallas Cowboys (-2.5) over Green Bay Packers
- This is a rematch of last year’s NFC Divisional Round Playoff game. Green Bay upset the Cowboys in Dallas on that day. On this day……..no. Dallas is 2-2. Green Bay is 3-1. The Cowboys are going to defend their home turf on Sunday afternoon. Look for Green Bay to fall apart what with all their injuries. Sometimes it takes a few weeks for the injuries to affect a team. Green Bay has gotten by so far. On Sunday, on the road, expect it to all fall apart. Dallas meanwhile, has revenge on their minds. They want to prove who the “Cream of the Crop” is in the NFC. “The Gut” picks Dallas going away.
That’s it for Week 5. Now go out there and get a loan if you must, but lay big money on “The Gut’s” selections. You can trust him. He’s 10-5-1 so far this season. He knows what he’s doing. How do you think he got such a lavish parlor anyway?