Gary “The Gut” – Week 7, ’22
Week 6 Recap
NCAA & NFL Best Bets:
- Gary’s “Lock of the Week” – LSU Tigers (+3) over Tennessee Volunteers –LOST, badly. Tennessee dominated the Tigers 40-13.
- Gary’s BONUS “Lock of the Week” – Oklahoma State Cowboys (-9) over Texas Tech Red Raiders – WON! The Cowboys pulled out a close game by ten points, 41-31.
- Florida Gators (-10.5) over Missouri Tigers – LOST. Florida won by only seven points, 24-17.
- Michigan Wolverines (-21.5) over Indiana Hoosiers – LOST. Michigan won by “only” 21 points, 31-10.
- Arkansas Razorbacks (+9.5) over Mississippi St. Bulldogs – LOST. Mississippi St. won by 23 points, 40-17.
- Georgia Bulldogs (-29) over Auburn Tigers – WON! Georgia covered by 32 points, 42-10.
- Clemson Tigers (-20.5) over Boston College Eagles – WON! Clemson covered by 28 points, 31-3.
- Washington State Cougars (+12.5) over USC Trojans – LOST. USC won by 16 points, 30-14.
- Oregon Ducks (-12.5) over Arizona Wildcats – WON! Oregon won by 27 points, 49-22.
- Boise State Broncos (-6.5) over Fresno State Bulldogs – WON! Boise State covered by 20 points, 40-20.
- Gary’s “Lock of the Week” – Minnesota Vikings (-7.5) over Chicago Bears – LOST. This one hurt, kind of a “Bad Beat” here as the Vikings were cruising 21-3 before the Bears came back to lose by….. seven points.
- Arizona Cardinals (+5.5) over Philadelphia Eagles – WON! The Cardinals indeed covered the 5.5 points, losing by only three points, 20-17.
- Kansas City Chiefs (-7.5) over Las Vegas Raiders – LOST. The Chiefs barely pulled out a victory by one point, 30-29, in a controversial game.
Overall Standings Thru 6 Weeks:
- NCAA: 5-5 for the week, 18-15 for the season (2-2 on Gary’s “Lock of the Week”)
- NFL: 1-2 for the week, 9-12 for the season (1-3 on Gary’s “Lock of the Week”)
- Overall: 6-7 for the week, 27-27 for the season (3-5 on Gary’s “Lock of the Week”)
Gary “The Gut” Goombah’s Week 7 Selections
“The Gut” had a poor week, a disappointing week. He’s not quite ready to commit “hara-kiri” but still, he’s a bit down. Nonetheless, it’s time to get back in the saddle. This week we have five college selections and three pro selections. Don’t forget to place your bets on BetUS.com.
NCAA Best Bets:
- Gary’s “Lock of the Week” – Utah Utes (-3.5) over USC Trojans – Utah is a physical team. SC is improving under new Head Coach Lincoln Riley but they’re not ready to win, on the road, in Utah’s Rice-Eccles Stadium. Utah is 23-2 at home in Salt Lake City since the start of 2018. The Utes are indeed a slight favorite but we expect them to cover those 3 and a half points. Maybe rather easily. PICK: Utah
- Gary’s BONUS “Lock of the Week” – Oklahoma State Cowboys (+4) over TCU Horned Frogs – Both the Cowboys and the Frogs are undefeated so this is a big game down in Fort Worth, Texas. The Big 12 conference first-place lead is on the line. Overall, “The Gut” thinks Oklahoma State is one of the best teams he’s seen so far in ’22 so he is excited to place money on the Cowboys when they’re getting points. In fact, Gary decided to place a parlay bet on the combination of his two “Locks of the Week” using BetUS.com, the official sportsbook of Dutch Lion Sports. PICK: Oklahoma St.
- Ole Miss Rebels (-14.5) over Auburn Tigers – Auburn isn’t a very good team or program right now. Ole Miss might roll up the score on their SEC West rivals. PICK: Ole Miss
- Tennessee Volunteers (+7.5) over Alabama Crimson Tide – This is the “Game of the Week” on the college gridiron. The Vols are ranked 6th in the AP Poll while the Tide are ranked 3rd. The entire college football world is wondering if Tennessee can get past their archnemesis on the “3rd Saturday in October” for their first big victory since ??? PICK: Tennessee Volunteers
- Washington State Cougars (+3.5) over Oregon State Beavers – Beavers are starting their backup quarterback. PICK: Washington State Cougars
NFL Best Bets:
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-8) over Pittsburgh Steelers – This is a huge mismatch. The Steelers are at home but they’re not playing well. Tampa Bay needs to explode. Sports Betting Dime has this game score predicted as Tampa Bay winning 23-5. “The Gut” loves this prediction. PICK: Tampa Bay
- Green Bay Packers (-7) over New York Jets – After blowing a solid lead in London against one New York team, the Pack returns home to take on the other team from Gotham City. This is a statement game for Aaron Rodgers, Matt LaFleur and company. They’re in Green Bay. PICK: Green Bay
- San Francisco 49ers (-5.5) over Atlanta Falcons – San Fran is good. Atlanta is not good. Five and half points shouldn’t be too hard for the ‘Niners. PICK: San Francisco
“Whether rich or poor, thou shalt gamble more” – Gary “The Gut” Goombah’s mantra