Gary “The Gut” – Week 8, ’22
Week 7 Recap
NCAA Best Bets:
- Gary’s “Lock of the Week” – Utah Utes (-3.5) over USC Trojans – LOST. In a phenomenal game, Utah pulled out the victory, but only by one point, 43-42.
- Gary’s BONUS “Lock of the Week” – Oklahoma State Cowboys (+4) over TCU Horned Frogs – WON! Despite blowing a 14 point lead at the end of the 3rd quarter, Oklahoma State “held on” to only lose by 3 points. Remember they were getting four points total. That equals a gambler’s victory. Another excellent game, it went to double overtime where TCU pulled out a 3 point win, 43-40.
- Ole Miss Rebels (-14.5) over Auburn Tigers – LOST. Ole Miss own by 14 points, 48-34. The hook got us on this one.
- Tennessee Volunteers (+7.5) over Alabama Crimson Tide – WON! The “Game of the Week” did not disappoint. In fact, it was a “Game of the Year” candidate. Tennessee pulled off the upset 52-49.
- Washington State Cougars (+3.5) over Oregon State Beavers – LOST. Washington State lost by 14 points, 24-10.
NFL Best Bets:
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-8) over Pittsburgh Steelers – LOST. The Steelers won by two points, 20-18.
- Green Bay Packers (-7) over New York Jets – LOST. This was the last time Gary “The Gut” will ever bet on Green Bay. He too hates the Packers, much like the “Dutch Lion”. I tried to talk him out of picking the Packers but he just wouldn’t hear it. Now he hears it because the Jets destroyed the Packers at Lambeau 27-10.
- San Francisco 49ers (-5.5) over Atlanta Falcons – LOST. Atlanta surprised San Francisco by 14 points, 28-14.
Overall Standings Thru 7 Weeks:
- NCAA: 2-3 for the week, 20-18 for the season (3-3 on Gary’s “Lock of the Week”)
- NFL: 0-3 for the week, 9-15 for the season (1-3 on Gary’s “Lock of the Week”)
- Overall: 2-6 for the week, 29-33 for the season (4-6 on Gary’s “Lock of the Week”)
Gary “The Gut” Goombah’s Week 8 Selections
Last week was yet another disappointing week for Gary “The Gut”. He just hasn’t found his rhythm yet this season. But once he does, watch out! Gary can get really hot. I’ve seen it with my own two fingers. Here are “The Gut’s” top ten Best Bets for Week 8. Don’t forget to place your bets using BetUS.com, the official sportsbook of Dutch Lion Sports. Make a deposit using this link and you’ll get a 125% bonus.
NCAA Best Bets:
- Gary’s “Lock of the Week” – Oklahoma State Cowboys (+6.5) over Texas Longhorns – We are having a hard time understanding why the Cowboys are getting this many points AT HOME vs Texas. “The Gut” is convinced that Oklahoma State (averaging 45.3 ppg!) can cover this point spread. PICK: Oklahoma State
- Kansas State Wildcats (+3.5) over TCU Horned Frogs – TCU is undefeated (6-0) but due for a letdown. Kansas St. is 4-0-1 ATS. PICK: Kansas St.
- Boise State Broncos (+2.5) over Air Force – I love the way Boise has been playing lately. They are committed to the running game. They are focused on being the more physical team since Hank Bachmeier left and Taylen Green entered. PICK: Boise St.
- Hawaii Warriors (+6) over Colorado State Rams – Both of these teams are pretty bad but Gary saw something here. He thinks Hawaii is the better team and might win S/U. Since they’re getting 6 points, “The Gut” is placing his money on the Warriors/Rainbow Warriors/Rainbows. PICK: Hawaii
- Oregon Ducks (-6) over UCLA Bruins – Gary is really excited about watching this game, at least that’s what he told me.
Sometimes he lies about what he does in his free time.Oregon has been really hot since that opening loss to Georgia. Bo Nix is playing out of his mind. Of course, UCLA has been hot too, led by QB DTR. This game is in Autzen Stadium. PICK: Oregon at home
- Texas Tech Red Raiders (-5) over West Virginia Mountaineers – The Red Raiders (39th on Teamrankings.com) can put up some points (34.3 avg ppg). Texas Tech is at home. PICK: Texas Tech
- Cincinnati Bearcats (-3) at SMU Mustangs – SMU is 1-5 ATS on the season, including 0-3 ATS at home, which is where they will host the Cincinnati Bearcats. Cincinnati hasn’t lost since their opening game at Arkansas. PICK: Cincinnati
NFL Best Bets:
- Dallas Cowboys (-6.5) over Detroit Lions – Dak Prescott is back for Dallas. They should cover this spread over Detroit. PICK: Dallas
- San Francisco 49ers (+1.5) over Kansas City Chiefs – San Francisco lost last week in Atlanta, in what was a subpar performance. Were they looking past the Falcons? Maybe they were looking forward to their Super Bowl rematch against the Chiefs. “The Gut” thinks the Niners getting points at home is worth a gamble. PICK: San Francisco
- New England Patriots (-7.5) over Chicago Bears – The Bears are a terrible team. No professional team should be this bad. They will be lucky to win another game this season. Meanwhile, the Patriots are starting to look like the old Patriots at times. They should have no problem covering 7.5 points at home on MNF. PICK: New England
That’s it for Week 8. Good luck with your wagers this weekend. And remember, always go with your gut.
“Whether rich or poor, thou shalt gamble more” – Gary “The Gut” Goombah’s mantra