Gary “The Gut” – Week 9, ’22
Week 8 Recap
“The Gut” excelled last weekend, especially with his college football selections. Gary went 5-2 with his college gridiron picks but only 1-2 with his pro picks. A 6-4 overall record is fine, but it was close to being a very special week if not for a couple of “bad beats”.
Meanwhile, we’re ready for another weekend. Don’t forget to gamble online with our official sportsbook BetUS.com. Click here for a special offer with your first deposit.
Last week’s NCAA Best Bets:
- Gary’s “Lock of the Week” – Oklahoma State Cowboys (+6.5) over Texas Longhorns – WON! Sure enough, Oklahoma State not only covered the spread, they won by 7 points S/U, 41-34.
- Kansas State Wildcats (+3.5) over TCU Horned Frogs – Lost. Kansas State lost their starting quarterback, Adrian Martinez, in the 1st quarter. They lost the game, and the point spread, by ten points, 38-28.
- Boise State Broncos (+2.5) over Air Force – WON! Boise State won by five points, 19-14.
- Hawaii Warriors (+6) over Colorado State Rams – WON! Hawaii covered the spread, losing by only 4 points, 17-13.
- Oregon Ducks (-6) over UCLA Bruins – WON! Oregon pounced on the Bruins, winning by fifteen points, 45-30.
- Texas Tech Red Raiders (-5) over West Virginia Mountaineers – WON! Texas Tech routed the Mountaineers, winning 48-10.
- Cincinnati Bearcats (-3) at SMU Mustangs – Lost. Cincinnati blew a fifteen point lead they held at the end of the 3rd quarter. They ended up giving up two 4th quarter touchdowns but held on to win by two points on a failed two-point-conversion by SMU. Final score: Cincy 29, SMU 27.
Last week’s NFL Best Bets:
- Dallas Cowboys (-6.5) over Detroit Lions – WON! Cowboys smoked the Lions, winning 24-6.
- San Francisco 49ers (+1.5) over Kansas City Chiefs – Lost. San Francisco lost by 21 points at home to Kansas City. Final score: KC 44, SF 23.
- New England Patriots (-7.5) over Chicago Bears – Lost. The Bears finally looked good. Justin Fields played his best game as a pro. Somehow, Chicago HC Matt Eberflus outcoached future NFL Hall of Famer Bill Belichick. Final score: Chicago 33, New England 14.
Overall Standings Thru 8 Weeks:
- NCAA: 5-2 for the week, 25-20 for the season (4-3 on Gary’s “Lock of the Week”)
- NFL: 1-2 for the week, 10-17 for the season (1-3 on Gary’s “Lock of the Week”)
- Overall: 6-4 for the week, 35-37 for the season (4-6 on Gary’s “Lock of the Week”)
Gary “The Gut” Goombah’s Week 9 Selections
Week 8 was a solid outing for Gary. He was close to winning all seven college bets. As usual this season, he struggled with his pro selections. Why? Has it been a strange year in the NFL? You betcha.
NCAA Best Bets:
- Gary “The Gut” Goombah’s “Lock of the Week”: Oklahoma State Cowboys (+1.5) over Kansas State Wildcats – We’re riding the hot hand here with the Cowboys. Gary has successfully gambled on Oklahoma State for not one, not two, but three weeks in a row! (-9 over Texas Tech, +4 over TCU, and +6.5 over Texas). Let’s make it four! For some reason Las Vegas hates Mike Gundy and the ‘Boys. Over the previous four seasons, OK State was 32-18-1 ATS. This year, they are 4-2 ATS so far. Let’s put big money on them. This is our “Lock of the Week”. PICK: Oklahoma State
- Florida Gators (+24) over Georgia Bulldogs – 24 is a whole bunch of points. Two dozen points! You know Gary loves Georgia, but a case of points is too much in this rivalry. PICK: Florida
- Michigan Wolverines (-22.5) over Michigan State Spartans – On the other hand, not all rivalry games are close. The thinking here is… revenge. For all the great things Michigan did last season on their road to the Big Ten Championship, they lost in East Lansing to the Spartans. This year they get them at the Big House. This year the Wolverines will rout Sparty. PICK: Michigan
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons (-3) over Louisville Cardinals – PICK: Wake Forest
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish (+1.5) over Syracuse Orange – Notre Dame was 31-19-1 ATS from 2018-’21. PICK: Notre Dame
- UCLA Bruins (-16.5) over Stanford Cardinal – Stanford stinks. UCLA will rebound after last week’s tough loss at Oregon. Back in the Rose Bowl, the Bruins will roll. PICK: UCLA
- Cincinnati Bearcats (+1) over UCF Knights – “The Gut” thinks the Bearcats are a good bet to beat UCF. Cincinnati is 30-21 ATS over the last four years (’18-’21). UCF is just 23-26 over that same span. PICK: Cincinnati
NFL Best Bets:
- Dallas Cowboys (-10) over Chicago Bears – As good as the Bears played last Monday Night at New England, “The Gut” doesn’t think this young team will be consistent. He foresees the Cowboys getting their groove on with Dak Prescott back in his second game, while Chicago will revert back to their abysmal ways. PICK: Dallas
- Seattle Seahawks (-3) over New York Giants – The Giants have been playing over their heads. Now they head out west to Seattle. They will be defeated by at least three points. PICK: Seattle
- Buffalo Bills (-10.5) over Green Bay Packers – Green Bay stinks. Buffalo is the class of the league. They will dominate this game on Sunday Night Football. PICK: Buffalo
Good luck with your sports betting this weekend. And remember, always go with your gut.
“Whether rich or poor, thou shalt gamble more” – Gary “The Gut” Goombah’s mantra
I am impressed you got the Giants/Seahawk game right!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you very much Geoff
OH wow, thanks for reading! Well, I can’t take all the credit. It was Gary “The Gut” Goombah’s pick, not mine. Haha.